We are so excited to have you in class! Here are a few notes on what to expect and how to prepare:
- Bring a water bottle if possible.
- All classes end 5 minutes before their scheduled time to account for the collection of personal items, putting away and cleaning equipment, etc. They are 40, 55, or 85 minutes.
Covid-19 Specific Guidelines
- All students and parents need to wear a mask in our facility at this time. Mask breaks can be taken right outside the building.
- Please DO NOT come to class if you are feeling ill in any way, exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19, or have come into contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Our most current COVID-19 protocols can be found here
- Wear clean, comfortable, soft clothing without zippers, buttons, or metal belts that could snag the equipment.
- Avoid wearing skirts, dresses, and baggy T-shirts. Expect to be upside down frequently in most classes and dress accordingly.
- Hair longer than shoulder length should be tied back to keep it out of the face. Use a hair tie instead of a clip.
Arrivals and Departures
The ideal time for a student to arrive is 5 minutes before their scheduled class.
Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your scheduled class. Depending on the time of the day we may not be there to let you in or we may have an already full facility. If you need to drop a student off early to class, please communicate with us directly and we will try to accommodate you.
Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes late to class. If a student is this late they miss the warm-up and it is disruptive for the rest of the class. If no students show up for a class or open gym/jam after 15 minutes, that activity is considered canceled and coaches/monitors are free to leave.
If you are picking up a student please arrive 5 minutes before their class ends so that they can depart promptly after class.
If you know you are going to miss a class, please mark the date in our system. You can do this by logging into your account and clicking the button that says “Attendance” After that click the button that says “Report Absence”.
We do not offer specific make-up classes or credits for missed classes. Instead, we’ve built in a regular “make-up class” into our tuition schedule. Monthly tuition is a flat fee for the month and is calculated based on 4 weeks in a month. Every two or three months there will be one more class than you paid for because almost every month some days of the week will occur 5 times. We consider this additional class a “make-up” class for any absences during that time.
We like this strategy because it doesn’t involve any additional scheduling and it makes our income more reliable while still providing a buffer for students to miss a class once in a while without having lost money.
Class Commitments and Dropping Classes
When you register for classes, you’re committing until the next billing cycle, anywhere from 1-5 classes depending on the time of the month. After that, we will bill your account the appropriate amount on the 1st of the month. If you decide to drop a class, we would prefer that you stick with the class until the end of the month because it is less administrative work for us to add new students at the beginning of the billing cycle.
However, if you know in advance that you need to drop the class, we are happy to schedule your drop date anytime.
Lastly, if you have a family emergency, are leaving town, or have other extenuating circumstances we are happy to refund or credit your account as soon as you drop the class.
Who are classes for?
Pop-Up Movement is committed to sharing movement, fun, and circus skills with everyone who is excited to learn! We will work with you at your level no matter what your movement background is (or isn’t). Having fun and building body awareness is healthy for everyone.
We welcome everyone regardless of race, body type, physical ability, age, nation of origin, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, education, socioeconomic status, religion, etc.
We welcome feedback on how to make more welcoming, safe spaces and offerings and will continue to change and grow with that feedback.
For all other questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon!