Hello, Pop-Up Movement Students & Families,
We are writing to you today to inform you that Pop-Up Movement is making changes to how we bill tuition, our make-up and refund policies, and the cost of certain offerings starting in February. This email is quite long but, please take the time to read through it. These changes will affect all students and families enrolled in our classes.
We are making these changes first off to save us hours of administrative time. Secondly, in response to the changing PT and Chimacum school district schedules as well the purchase of our building which both have had an impact on Pop-Up’s financial stability. And lastly, to clarify our policies and, hopefully, make life easier for us and for all of you.
Here are the things to know:
- From this point forward, students will be billed the same amount whether there are 3, 4, or 5 weeks of their class in the month.
- All students currently enrolled in classes that are ages 13+ can attend open gyms at no additional cost.
Updated Make-Up Policy
- We do not offer specific make-up classes or credits for missed classes. However, we do offer a “class swap” option for missed classes. If you know a student will be absent, you can ask to swap classes for the week of, before, or after the absence. This is only available if we have an appropriate class for that student with space on the schedule. Students must mark their absences through the DSP parent portal to be eligible for this policy.
- Open Gyms are included in class memberships for students ages 13+ and can also be considered a “make-up/class swap” option.
Updated Refund Policy
- If a student misses 2 full weeks or more of classes in a row within that billing cycle due to injury, illness, or family emergency, they are eligible for a credit on their account for those missed classes, otherwise, they can take advantage of our swap option.
Students must mark their absences through the DSP parent portal to be eligible for this policy.
Students can receive a maximum of 4 weeks’ worth of credit for each reported instance. If there are continued absences after 4 weeks of missed classes, we reserve the right to drop a student from their class to open spaces for new and waitlisted students.
- If a student drops a class mid-month due to injury, illness, or family emergency, they are eligible for a credit on their account or a refund for the missed classes in that month.
- If Pop-Up cancels a scheduled class, students will be given a credit on their account that is prorated according to their current tuition.
- If classes are canceled due to circumstances outside of Pop-Up’s control (i.e. power outage, inclement weather, etc.), students are eligible for a class credit upon request.
- Open Gyms are included in class memberships for students ages 13+ and can be considered a “make-up/class swap” option. We have 2 of these on the schedule both on Wednesday. 9:30-10:30 am & 6:30-7:30 pm.
- All refunds are subject to a $5 fee to cover transaction costs. Credits to your account are the full amount.
Dance Studio Pro App
Did you know that DSP has an app for the parent portal? We didn’t! You can mark absences, edit payment info, and enroll/drop classes from the app. This is the most convenient way to mark your absences so if you want to take advantage of our make-up and refund policies we highly recommend getting the app. Here are the links to download it.
- Open gyms cost $10 to drop in for students not enrolled in classes. We have 2 of these on the schedule both on Wednesday. 9:30-10:30 am & 6:30-7:30 pm.
- We have a membership option available for students who want more access to the gym or the weight room at Pop-Up. The private training membership costs $30. We imagine this will be most useful to students who want some time in the weight room at either end of their classes or parents who have a child in a class. If you are interested you can reach out to us for the details.
Remember, Pop-Up Movement staff members are human and have human sized memories.
If you want us to drop you from a class, swap a class, refund you, put something in the lost and found or remember anything else, it’s always best to email us/use your account to ensure that we follow through :).
We’ve got a lot of students and we love chatting with all of you, but we’re juggling a lot of logistics!
Thank you for your continued support as a Pop-Up Student/Family. If you have any questions at all feel free to reach out to us.
We look forward to a great 2024 full of fun classes and circus shows.
All the best,
Sadie LeDonna and Shawn Kellogg
Owners at Pop-Up Movement