We are so excited to have you in class! Here are a few notes on what to expect and how to prepare:
- Bring a water bottle if possible.
- All classes end 5 minutes before their scheduled time to account for the collection of personal items, putting away and cleaning equipment, etc. They are 40, 55, or 85 minutes.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Wear clean, comfortable, soft clothing without zippers, buttons, or metal belts that could snag the equipment.
- Avoid wearing skirts, dresses, and baggy T-shirts. Expect to be upside down frequently in most classes and dress accordingly.
- Hair longer than shoulder length should be tied back to keep it out of the face. Use a hair tie instead of a clip.
Please note that the staff of Pop-Up Movement are human and have human sized memories.
If you want us to drop you from a class, swap a class, refund you, put something in the lost and found for you or remember anything else for you, it’s always best to email us to ensure that we follow through :). We’ve got a lot of students and we love chatting with all of you, but we’re juggling a lot of logistics!
The ideal time for a student to arrive is 5 minutes before their scheduled class.
Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your scheduled class. Depending on the time of the day we may not be there to let you in or we may have an already full facility. If you need to drop a student off early to class, please communicate with us directly and we will try to accommodate you.
Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes late to class. If a student is this late they miss the warm-up and it is disruptive for the rest of the class. If no students show up for a class or open gym/jam after 15 minutes, that activity is considered canceled and coaches/monitors are free to leave.
If you are picking up a student please arrive 5 minutes before their class ends so that they can depart promptly after class.
If you know you are going to miss a class, please mark the date in our system. You can do this by logging into your account and clicking the button that says “Attendance” After that click the button that says “Report Absence”.
Dance Studio Pro Parent Portal App:
We do not offer specific make-up classes or credits for missed classes.
However, we do offer a “class swap” option for missed classes.
If you know a student will be absent, you can ask to swap classes for the week of, before, or after the absence. This is only available if we have an appropriate class for that student with space on the schedule.
Students must mark their absences through the DSP parent portal to be eligible for this policy.
Open Gyms are included in class memberships for students ages 13+ and can also be considered a “make-up/class swap” option.
- If a student misses 2 full weeks or more of classes in a row within that billing cycle due to injury, illness, or family emergency, they are eligible for a credit on their account for those missed classes, otherwise, they can take advantage of our swap option.
Students must mark their absences through the DSP parent portal to be eligible for this policy. Students can receive a maximum of 4 weeks’ worth of credit for each reported instance. If there are continued absences after 4 weeks of missed classes, we reserve the right to drop a student from their class to open spaces for new and waitlisted students.
- If a student drops a class mid-month due to injury, illness, or family emergency, they are eligible for a credit on their account or a refund for the missed classes in that month.
- If Pop-Up cancels a scheduled class, students will be given a credit on their account that is prorated according to their current tuition.
- If classes are canceled due to circumstances outside of Pop-Up’s control (i.e. power outage, inclement weather, etc.), students are eligible for a class credit upon request.
- Open Gyms are included in class memberships for students ages 13+ and can be considered a “make-up/class swap” option.
- All refunds are subject to a $5 fee to cover transaction costs. Credits to your account are the full amount.
When you register for classes, you’re committing until the next billing cycle, anywhere from 1-5 classes depending on the time of the month. After that, we will bill your account the appropriate amount on the 1st of the month. If you decide to drop a class, we would prefer that you stick with the class until the end of the month because it is less administrative work for us to add new students at the beginning of the billing cycle.
However, if you know in advance that you need to drop the class, we are happy to schedule your drop date anytime.
You can drop your class anytime by logging into your account, going to “manage students”, clicking on the class you want to drop and then clicking “drop this class.”
Lastly, if you have a family emergency, are leaving town, or have other extenuating circumstances we are happy to refund or credit your account as soon as you drop the class.
You are welcome to drop-into a class for the first time to try it out. After that, we request a commitment until the end of the month.
We may have a few special drop-in based offerings and you are always welcome to check in with us about exceptions, however we are pretty firm on this policy.
If a spot opens in a class we will contact waitlisted students in the order they signed up. If the family does not respond in 4 or 5 days the spot will be offered to the next student on the list and the unresponsive family will be contacted again next time there is an opening. We will keep making calls until the spot is filled.
Pop-Up Movement is committed to sharing movement, fun, and circus skills with everyone who is excited to learn! We will work with you at your level no matter what your movement background is (or isn’t). Having fun and building body awareness is healthy for everyone.
We welcome everyone to our classes. Race, body type, physical ability, age, nation of origin, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, education, socioeconomic status, religion, etc. should not present a barrier to attending.
We welcome feedback on how to make more welcoming, safe spaces and offerings and will continue to change and grow with that feedback.
For all other questions, email us at email@example.com
See you soon!